About the Business
The first known trading address was 123 High Street (The Alcove). This was a building originally constructed in 1606 (the original fireplace can still be seen behind the counter and dates from that period). George Hayward traded there from 1841-51 as the ironmongers.
In 1904 the building was converted into a garage which was owned by Samuel James Osbourne. Samuel was a local legend in his day and was the first person in Tewkesbury to fly a plane and be the first person in the town to own and drive a motor car.
Location & Hours
126 High Street
Write a Review
Recently Viewed Listing
Homeleigh Timber & Building Supplies
40 years of supplying hig quality timber, building materials, gardening ...
Boxley Timber & Fencing Supplies
There has been a sawmill n this site since the early 1900's, originally ...
Merritt & Fryers
Renowned for our service, expertise and helpful advice we supply ...
North West Timber Treatments
North West Timber Treatme ts Ltd. (NWTT) emphasise quick service and ...